Available now in Mona Beta:
• De-duplicates reblogs on timeline
• Truncates long posts on timeline
• Shows indicator for media description (alt text)
• Improves follower request handling
• Adds “open in browser“ action to user action menu
• Supports setting alternate lists for multiple accounts on your pinned lists on tab bar
• Makes timeline filters (a bit) smarter
• Adds timeline filter options for mentions, sensitive content, and long posts
Available now in Mona Beta:
On macOS, you can now use Continuity Camera on post composer, to capture and attach photos from your iPhone or iPad. You can now also use the “Services” feature in more places with just keyboard shortcuts.
On iOS, with extended support for iOS 12, Mona Beta can now be used on iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus, making the Mastodon experience accessible to even more people around the world.
Today’s update also adds preliminary support for non-Mastodon instances.
iCloud reading position sync is now enabled on the latest Mona Beta update. Please update the app on all your devices, because the new sync engine is not compatible with old versions of Mona Beta. This update also resolves a VoiceOver focus issue on Mac.
@MonaApp I continue to be astonished at your rate of development on Mona. Please take care of yourself and don’t burn out. :)
@MonaApp This is so useful and I can’t believe that nobody except Mona and Ivory has built it!
@MonaApp Thanks for fixing position sync! I also really appreciate Advanced Settings —> Invert Threads on Timeline
@MonaApp Again and again: Thank you so much.
Btw: I would really appreciate if I could set separate defaults for composing posts and for replying to posts. Maybe possible?
@MonaApp A quick question: Is block implemented in Mona (on iOS or macOS)?
I see mute but can’t find the block functionality.
Today’s Mona Beta update:
• Add keyboard shortcuts to hide/show sidebar and bottom tab bar on Mac
• Truncates long posts on timelines
• You can now send longer posts from supported non-Mastodon instances
• Link preview will no longer be displayed on posts with a content warning
• Fixes incorrect line breaking for Akkoma instances
@MonaApp Thank you for the one time payment. I, for one, do not like being a slave to subscriptions.
@MonaApp Would it be possible to add a reverse flow option so that we can read from top to bottom in time order?
@MonaApp Is the function of truncating long texts enabled by default? Now it can only truncate the length by default, can it not be changed?
@MonaApp Is there a way to disable truncating long posts and hiding link previews on posts with content warnings?
@MonaApp It has been very good to use since the focus issue was fixed a couple of updates ago on the Mac with VoiceOver.
If you could please bring a shortcut to follow someone or Unfollow? I would be so very happy.
@MonaApp Wow for the first time ever I just opened Mona on my iPhone and it immediately synced and moved to my last read position on my Home timeline.
@MonaApp You should launch this thing man. Call it early access if you want. Get people paying you.
@MonaApp PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE:
1. Provide UI to block a user or instance without reporting.
2. Fix the (macOS) image description input bug. Having to paste in spaces sucks.
@MonaApp Is there any timeline on using instance specific emojis? Loving the heck out of the app already! It’s become my goto.
Today’s Mona Beta update:
• Adds more Siri Shortcuts, including getting and setting app themes (requires iOS/iPadOS 16, macOS 13)
• Use “Focus Filter” to automatically change app themes when you turn on a Focus mode (requires iOS/iPadOS 16, macOS 13)
• Adds more options for app theme editor
• On Mac, you can now select to open images in your default image viewer app
• Optimizes menus for iOS 12
• Supports block and unblock accounts
• Push notification is now available for Akkoma accounts
@MonaApp With VoiceOver on, the icon for Mona on my home screen actually says “Mona beta,beta.” Same with the notifications it gives me, “Mona beta” instead of “Mona.” I'd remove the word “beta”, but this isn't major.
@MonaApp Will Mona app loads post in the background? Or would it be possible to add an option not to do so? Because this seems uses up quite a lot of data so far.
@eric0x Mona does not load in background. Try turning off link preview, and set timeline thumbnail type to None (Settings > General > Thumbnails).
@MonaApp Yay!!! Blocking/unblocking and more theme customization (including poll colors 🤩) is AMAZING! You’re so responsive to our feedback, can’t wait to give you money for this app! Thank you!
Thanks. Can you please let us choose whether to Load More Posts or just have all the posts loaded? When I'm going up a very long timeline it's a pain having to keep tapping.
@MonaApp YES! ...
I suppose you must have realized...
that in the *specific actions* released today, you've made *the* coolest live style/theme demo possible.
this is a first draft... I'm def going to find a different tone and maybe work out a more thoughtful/comprehensive trip around the views before another take on my iPad Pro.
couldn't sit on it tho!!!
@MonaApp Mona doesn't say whether a post is public, unlisted, etc with VoiceOver. Can this be added please?
@MonaApp Could you please add the ability to add the ability to set up Mastodon filters from within the app? Sometimes I just want to quickly filter out a hashtag. I'd rather not have to open up the web interface just for that.
In today’s Mona Beta update:
• You can now use Siri Shortcuts to export and import custom settings
• Live Text feature is now accessible to VoiceOver (requires iOS/iPadOS 16, an iPhone or iPad with A12 or newer chip)
• Supports reporting accounts and posts
• Supports viewing block list
• Reduces app size on iOS/iPadOS 13+
• Fixes some display issues on timelines
@MonaApp Do you have an eta on the full release? I mostly just want to be able to pay you for all your hard work!
@MonaApp The level of quality/polish and settings that gets implemented in this app is just incredible! Well done!
Looking forward to the official release so I can finally give back to this app that has easily become one of my most used on my device.
@MonaApp Thank you for this great work until now looking foorward to give some more voiceover feedback in comeing beta IOS versions.
@MonaApp By the way, I tagged you a couple weeks (?) ago about possible stuttering-scrolling. It was not Mona’s fault! Sorry!
M1 MacBook Pro got somehow switched to “ProMotion” refresh, and that causes stutter-scroll. It’s just that the main place where I saw it was in Mona because I scrolled a lot.
Release and I will pay.
@MonaApp Releases keep being amazing.
Do you have a list of planned features, or wheee to add requests? I have a couple wrt alt text. And also for filter support.
@Pipistrelle @MonaApp I thought the name sounded familiar, but I didn't realize an app had control over it enough to cause it to be inaccessible.
@alexhall @Pipistrelle No, that Apple provided feature is inaccessible by default. I have to do extra work to make it accessible.